He has strong poking capabilities, thanks to his unique passive that reduces the cooldown of his active abilities.
If you want to climb the ranks using this little mage, here’s a comprehensive ONE Esports guide to help you.
Cyclops’ skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Starlit Hourglass
Each time Cyclops hits an enemy with his skills, all his skill cooldowns are reduced.
- Starlit Hourglass allows him to use his spells frequently. As such, when playing Cyclops, it is highly important to invest in items that enhance mana regeneration.
First skill – Stardust Shock
Cyclops casts two Stardust Disks in the target direction, each dealing magic damage to enemies in its path.
- Acquire Stardust Shock at level one and use it to clear the first wave of minions, or a creep with a buff if you’re playing as a jungler.
- This skill is ground-targeted. For better precision, manually use it by holding down the skill button, hovering the indicator to your target area, and releasing it.
Second skill – Planets Attack
Cyclops conjures Starlit Spheres around himself while gaining extra movement speed for a few seconds. The Spheres will automatically seek and attack nearby enemies (prioritizes enemy heroes), exploding on collision and dealing magic damage to the enemy.
Enemies hit by multiple Spheres take reduced damage after the first hit.
- Since Planets Attack is his primary mobility and damage skill, prioritize maxing it out first.
- Close in on your target to make sure the spheres hit them. Exercise caution when doing this to avoid putting yourself in a precarious position.
- Use the movement speed gain from this skill to chase down your target.
- Alternatively, activate this to run away from pursuing enemies while dealing damage against them. If their HP gets too low, you can turn things around and kill them instead.
- Once you have obtained enough mana regeneration, use the extra movement speed from Planets Attack to quickly move around the map.
- With ample CD reduction from the passive, emblem, and items, you can use this skill frequently in team fights.
Ultimate – Star Power Lockdown
Cyclops creates a Planetary Sphere and sends it after the target enemy hero or creep, dealing magic damage and immobilizing them.
- The duration of Star Power Lockdown immobilization effect scales with the travel distance of its projectile. A more distant target will get immobilized longer.
- However, the projectile’s travel speed is slow, so heroes like Lancelot could use Thorned Rose to dodge it easily. Hence, choose your target wisely.
- Since Star Power Lockdown is his only control spell, you can use it to initiate your attack.
- Turn on Hero Lock Mode or Skill Smart Targeting in the control settings to ensure that you hit your intended target with this ultimate.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Cyclops in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
As Cyclops, Flicker is an excellent option. It grants you an extra mobility tool to pursue your target, or get out of dangerous situations.
Alternatively, if you’re playing as a jungler, Retribution works best. It enables you to quickly farm creeps, effectively invade the enemy jungle, and secure some of the most important objectives in the game, like the Lord and Turtle.
To maximize Cyclops’ damage potential, equip the Mage emblem, as it gives a substantial amount of magic power, cooldown reduction, and magic penetration.
Pick Inspire in the first tier for additional cooldown reduction, and Festival of Blood in the second tier for spell vamp.
In the final tier, take Lethal Ignition, which enables you to deal additional adaptive damage when you inflict damage greater than seven percent of your target’s HP three times within five seconds.
Conversely, Impure Rage is a great alternative because it allows you to deal extra adaptive damage while restoring a certain amount of mana when you hit enemies with your skills.
Cyclops best build
It’s advisable to go for a build that enhances mana regeneration, cooldown reduction, spell vamp, and magic penetration to improve your poking prowess and sustainability.
Start with common Boots, then go straight for Enchanted Talisman to boost your mana regeneration and cooldown reduction.
Upgrade to either Arcane Boots or Magic Shoes, and buy Concentrated Energy for spell vamp and magic power increase.
|READ MORE CYCLOPS GUIDES HERE|
|The 3 best heroes to counter Cyclops in Mobile Legends|
To bolster your magic penetration, purchase Genius Wand and Divine Glaive.
For your final equipment, consider getting Necklace of Durance to reduce shield and HP regen effects of enemies.
However, if you need to play defensively, you can opt for Winter Truncheon, Brute Force Breastplate, or Immortality.
The best build for Cyclops in Mobile Legends
- Arcane Boots (Ice Retribution if you’re a jungler)
- Enchanted Talisman
- Concentrated Energy
- Genius Wand
- Divine Glaive
- Necklace of Durance
Easy combos to learn
In the early stages of the game, poke enemies using Planets Attack followed by Stardust Shock.
Use the movement speed boost from Planets Attack to bridge the gap with your opponent and evade their skills.
Once you’ve acquired Star Power Lockdown at level four, you can employ it to initiate your combo.
|GO OVER THESE GUIDES FOR TARGETING AND OTHER SETTINGS|
|How to turn on Hero Lock Mode in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang|
|Mobile Legends best settings for performance|
Hit your target with the ultimate to inflict huge damage and immobilize them. Subsequently, cast Planets Attack to close in, and Stardust Shock to eliminate them.
Remember, take advantage of Hero Lock Mode or Skill Smart Targeting to ensure precise aiming of Star Power Lockdown.